I love marinades because they make everything come out so much more flavorful.
Whether it’s fish, meat, or chicken, the flavor seeps in and tenderizes the flesh so you get a juicy, moist piece of meat.
This marinade is tangy and zesty and gives the chicken a bright, fresh flavor.
It makes for a simple, delicious dinner over a bed of rice with grilled asparagus.
- In a bowl, mix the lemon juice, olive oil, Dijon mustard, garlic, red bell pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of the mixture to use for basting. Place chicken in the bowl, and marinate at least 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Drain and discard marinade from the bowl, and place chicken on the grill.
- Cook 6 to 8 minutes on each side, until juices run clear, basting occasionally with the reserved marinade.