I’ve always loved the combination of peppers and eggs. It’s my go-to breakfast most mornings, and it never fails to fill me up and power start my day.
These egg cups are essentially a mini quiche, but easier to prepare and ideal to store for when you need to grab something on a busy morning. I love the idea of these (especially how they come complete with a piece of toast) and that they manage to turn every breakfast into a gourmet affair.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- three English muffins
- one pepper
- 6 large eggs
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- grated parmesan
- prepared pesto
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly butter 6 standard muffin cups.
- Open English muffins. With a rolling pin, flatten them slightly and, with a 4 1/4-inch cookie cutter, cut out six rounds from the middle.
- Then press rounds into each muffin cup, overlapping slightly and making sure bread comes up to edge of cup.
- Use extra bread to patch any gaps. Brush bread with remaining butter.
- After you’ve prepared the bread cup, crack an egg over each. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut pepper lengthwise and clean. Then, cut small half moons, and lay one in each cup, over the egg.
- Sprinkle with parmesan and add a small amount of pesto, according to your preferences.
- Bake until egg whites are just set, 20 to 25 minutes. Run a small knife around cups to loosen toasts. Serve immediately.